Feng Shui Home, Chinese New Year Decorations
Chinese New Year decorations, rice paper lanterns
According to ancient Chinese Feng Shui, beautiful and meaningful Chinese New Year decorations, wisely chosen and placed at the entrance and in the house, attract good luck, health and money in new year. The entrance door, hallway decor and dining room table should look especially cheerful and inviting for lunar New Year. Bright red, shiny metallic and white colors are traditional colors for Chinese decorations that Feng Shui home and prepare it for lunar New Year celebrations.
The entrance door is a very important element of good Feng Shui home design. It is believed that attractively decorated for lunar New Year celebrations door and entryway not only create festive mood, but Feng Shui a home, protect the family and attract positive changes. Everybody and everything come into the house through the front door. Good Feng Shui decorating for the entrance and front door is a part of traditional Chinese home decoration for lunar New Year celebrations. (Feng Shui home, preparing for Chinese New Year celebrations)
The front door and the entryway should look festive and welcoming for Chinese New Year, according to ancient Feng Shui home decorating guide. Modern electric garlands or traditional rice paper lanterns and old Chinese coins are perfect lunar New Year decorations that Feng Shui homes and attract happiness. (Making Chinese lanterns for lunar New Year celebrations)
Chinese New Year decorations to Feng Shui home
North-eastern and northern parts of the house should be decorated for Chinese New Year with white and shiny ornaments. Bright red ornaments and colorful paper lanterns are great Chinese New Year decorations for the central part of the house also.
You should not place garlands above the mirror, Chinese Feng Shui experts say, as they can cause conflicts in the house after Chinese New Year. Do not bring New Year decorations into your bedrooms. Ornaments, hanging near and over your bed can make you feel tired during holidays. (Feng Shui home design, Feng Shui for bedroom)
Dining tables, especially holiday tables, should be round or oval to help Feng Shui home. If your dining table is square or rectangular, cover the table with white tablecloth after drawing the infinity symbol (horizontal inverted number eight) with a chalk, to Feng Shui your dining room and holiday table. (Feng Shui color for home design, color meanings)
Holiday tables centerpieces for Chinese New Year celebrations
The dining room is a special place that helps create festive mood and unforgettable memories of Chinese New Year celebrations.
1. Dinnerware for Chinese New Year table should be in white-gold tones. Red, white and golden Chinese decorations and holiday table centerpieces create impressive decor and Feng Shui homes. These noble colors make fun and joy of Chinese New Year festival last longer and open your home for fresh positive energy, Chinese Feng Shui teachers explain. (Year of Rabbit, Feng Shui color schemes)
2. Vases with pine or fir branches and tangerines attractively decorate holiday tables for Chinese New Year. Branches and fruits create a beautiful color combination with bright orange and green colors, adding Asian accents to holiday decor.
3. Home made cakes, traditional spring flowers and natural fragrances bring pleasant aroma to Chinese home decor, offering wonderful holiday tables centerpieces and edible decorations. (Modern flower arrangements, unusual table centerpieces and gifts)
4. You can make all sorts of Chinese holiday table centerpieces with candles, flowers and fruits for your dining table. Place a candle into a clear bowl and fill it with juniper berries and spicy cinnamon sticks, which create a subtle oriental fragrance for Chinese New Year party.
5. Use your imagination, decorate the dining table with long pine needles. Place pearl beads or red beads on some needles on the table for modern chic table decor.
6. Also you can create attractive table centerpieces for lunar New Year celebrations with a traditional money tree. It looks great in a glass vase, filled with rice, dried fruits and tender flower petals.
7. Interesting and meaningful Chinese New Year decorations and holiday table centerpieces can be made of cypress or pine branches, placed in a glass vases, filled with copper coins. (Feng Shui home, colors and Chinese symbols)
8. Candles are perfect Chinese New Year decorations. According to Feng Shui home decorating experts, the energy of candles color and flame offer powerful and meaningful combination that Feng Shui home.
Shades of blue with the energy of fire bring peace and balance into your home. Yellow candles are vibrant Chinese New Year decorations for attracting dynamic changes in new year. Red candles are symbols of passion and power.
Candles flame enhances feelings and thoughts, so you have to be happy and think of new opportunities and wonderful changes, making traditional or contemporary Chinese New Year decorations and holiday table centerpieces to invite positive energy and great people into your life.
Fresh ideas for traditional Chinese New Year decorations and holiday table centerpieces:
Easy to make Chinese lanterns, Chinese New Year crafts
Food design, chocolate,flowers and edible decorations
Edible flower cuisine and gorgeous food presentation
by Ena Russ
last updated: 13.01.2012
Related articles and sponsored content
and enjoy free articles sent to your inboxSubscribe