Modern design trends 2012 celebrate functionality, style, and comfortable luxury. Stylish lighting fixtures bring beautiful designs with universal appeal and unique charm. Contemporary lighting is efficient and attractive. Modern lamps are decorative, innovative, and practical. Lushome shares the latest trends in modern lighting design to make it easy to select stylish fixtures for all rooms in every home.
Modern wall lights, chandeliers, torchieres, and table lamps become more interesting and impressive. They demonstrate an innovative and eco-friendly design. Modern lights feature elegant shapes and original lines, chic natural materials, and bring visual comfort into the living spaces. Green ideas influence lighting design, create energy efficient lamps and define new trends in decorating with recycled materials.
Light colors and classy color combinations with black, gray or brown accents, natural materials, like glass, metal, leather, and wood, unique lighting ideas, lamp shades in luxurious fabrics with silver or golden details are modern design trends for 2012 contemporary lighting fixtures.
Six lighting design trends
The latest design trends bring spectacular light fixtures for office designs and home decorating. Nature inspired themes and shapes, original abstract patterns and ethnic motifs, natural materials, exotic wood and luxurious fabrics create spectacular lamps for modern interiors. Classy white and black combinations, bright details, delicate pastel colors, and luxurious shiny textures add chic to modern lighting ideas. Striking designs, fresh, contemporary lighting ideas, and creative interpretations of simple lines blend beauty and originality. Vintage and retro modern lighting fixtures make home decor look personal, familiar, and attractive.
1. Stylish lighting fixtures bring beautiful natural shapes, colors, and materials into home interiors.
Organic designs decorated with eco-friendly LED lights look fantastic. Butterfly wings, sea shells, pearls, flowers, leaves, and tree branches create inspired by nature lamps that define one of the modern design trends in decorating with wall sconces.
2. Chic and elegance mix into unique lighting fixtures offering unusual table lamp shades made of unique materials, silk, thin wool, recycled leaves paper, eco-friendly felt, exotic leather, and new artificial materials that look like wood, fabrics or leather. Vintage style, exotic wood with carved details, golden colors, and luxurious fabrics for table lamp shades define classy design trends for 2012.
3. Contemporary lighting fixtures with shades in light neutral colors, delicate pastels, and rich brown tones add stylish accents to modern home interiors and emphasize a relaxing atmosphere in elegant living spaces.
Attractive fabrics, metal, glass, ceramic, delicate pastel colors or rich brown shades, and simple geometric shapes in retro-modern styles bring coziness, warmth, and harmony into modern interiors.
Decorative wall lights and stylish table lamps with bright red, dark brown, juicy orange, and golden details are modern lighting fixtures that add warm colors to home decorating. Modern lampshades in vibrant or quiet colors can bring more excitement or comfort into homes and create an energetic or cozy mood.
4. Eco home decorating ideas call for nature-inspired themes. Ethnic motifs and natural shapes create original and modern lighting design. Lanterns in ethnic styles, lights with Asian and African patterns, and fixtures in classic style are attractive trends in decorating with lights.
Old traditions, exotic animals skin patterns, ethnic motifs, and abstract patterns can inspire simple design ideas and elegant lines of decorative wall lights and table lamps. Creativity and originality are modern design trends for 2012.
5. Palace-like style gives a chic look to modern wall lights and table lamps. Gorgeous light fixtures remind Baroque-style decor and bring impressive, bright, and beautiful designs into modern homes.
Lightweight contemporary materials allow creating spectacular, luxurious, and modern lighting fixtures for interior decorating. New materials add beauty, chic, and charm to modern living spaces. Creative lighting ideas enhance innovative interior design trends.
6. Shimmering crystals, sparkling Swarovski designs, geometric patterns with shiny gold and silver details, and elegant forms turn unique lighting into sumptuous decoration. The modern design trends 2012 surprise and delight by adding originality to stylish accents. Comfort, chic and creativity transform the lighting design, personalize interior decorating and make rooms feel cozy and luxurious.
Decorative lighting, bright environment, and Green designs become essential for creating unique and modern interiors. Traditional and contemporary wall lights with energy saving LED bulbs are popular ideas for all rooms and small spaces in modern houses. Stairs and all room corners need good lighting design to look functional and stylish.
Table lamps create comfortable places for reading. Table lamps are essential elements of working or studying zones, home libraries, and storage areas. Table lamps decorate nightstands, small tables, desks, and shelves. Functional and modern table lamps add bright, not dazzling, but visually comfortable light. These lighting fixtures create coziness and comfort, emphasize the style of home interiors, and create inviting and pleasant spaces.
Modern wall sconces and table lamps illuminate small areas and highlight beautiful accents like a hallway mirror or bedroom dressing table. Wall sconces add graceful elegance to staircase designs, create beautiful kitchen nooks and bright bathrooms.
Modern trends in wall lights and table lamps promise attractive contemporary lighting fixtures for home decorating in 2012 and offer beautiful lighting ideas to compliment your interiors and make them comfortable.
by Ena Russ
Related articles and sponsored content
More from latest trends