Inspiring designs of the week
25 Laundry Room Ideas, 10 Laundry Room Decoration and Organizing Tips
Laundry room design is about functionality. Decorating laundry room improves mood and make chores more pleasant. Good organization and ergonomic design ideas make tasks feel easy and help you do your laundry quick and effortlessly. Laundry room ideas are inexpensive and personal. Laundry rooms are small rooms or a part of a mud room, which keeps clothes clean.
Decorating a laundry room is about good organization, light color schemes, convenient storage spaces and meaningful, very personal and attractive laundry room decoration items. A dream laundry room design is functional and bright, comfortable and inviting, creating a nice small room that you like to visit while doing laundry. Here is a collection of beautiful, contemporary and traditional laundry room ideas that are practical, attractive and inspiring.
Laundry room design trends include contemporary washer and dryer sets, laundry room decoration with mosaic tiles, large storage cabinets and open shelves. Decorating a laundry room can be impressive and expensive, if you have extra money, or simple and elegant on a small budget. There are many laundry room design ideas to satisfy any taste and lifestyle. The main laundry room ideas are creating functional rooms with enough storage, adding fun to your life and brighten up your laundry room design with bold appliances, lighting fixtures or cabinets to make tasks more pleasant and enjoyable.
Laundry room ideas
People spend up to seven hours a week in their laundry room, so this room should be inviting and bright. Here are great laundry room design ideas, decorating and organizing tips for improving your functional small room.
1. Improve your room design layout. Combine your laundry room with the adjacent bathroom or powder room. Removing one wall can make your laundry room more functional, spacious and attractive. A knee wall offers privacy for the bath while also serving as a shelf for folded laundry.
2. Consider adding contemporary appliances to your laundry room design. Modern washers and driers conserve energy and time, including dryers that eliminate the need to pretreat laundry and that adjust cycle lengths to compensate for dampness.
Laundry room decoration and organizing tips
3. Laundry room design with open shelves or closed storage cabinets create different moods. Floor- to-ceiling wall cabinets add a contemporary vibe to laundry room ideas, while open shelves create relaxing and simple laundry rooms which need to be neat and organized all the time. Hang small garage racks. Small racks on the wall keep clutter out of the way and contribute to laundry room organization.
4. Your laundry room decoration ideas and color scheme that reflect your home style and color palette create harmony in your home. Rich or pale natural tones and light neutral colors, combined with bright accents are excellent laundry room ideas. Colorful wallpaper hides scuffed walls while adding a pattern and a bold accent to laundry room decoration.
5. Efficient energy saving lighting brings a remarkable amount of brightness to the room, while saving your money on electricity. The outdoor lights can be used for decorating a laundry room to spruce up your small room and give it a modern look. Decorating a laundry room with lighting fixtures and accessories with the chrome finishes contributes to the contemporary feel and bright laundry room design.
6. Ceramic tile designs are ideal for laundry room decoration. They stand up to high traffic, look beautiful, easy to clean and very practical. Leftover floor or wall tiles can be used to create an attractive sink countertop and backsplash designs completing the vanity area.
7. Use corrugated aluminum to hide unappealing unfinished walls or a water heater leaving some openings to allow air circulation. The silvery aluminum makes works well with chrome lights and natural light creating brighter and modern spacious laundry room design. A steel trash can corresponds nicely with the other silver accents and serves as a hamper for the first floor of the home.
8. A new floor and freshly painted walls change the look of laundry room design. Paint walls the desired color, and enjoy the quick results that bring freshness and appeal into laundry room decoration.
9. Install a hideaway ironing board. When space is an issue, think about including a wall-mounted ironing board. You can even paint it to match the trim. Make a movable folding table with a vanity and casters
10. Adding small decorations, indoor plants if your laundry room features a window, light and modern window treatments are great laundry room ideas that add comfort and interest to interior design. Use outdoor fabrics for your laundry room decoration to create beautiful and stress-free room design.