Chinese holiday decor, colorful table centerpiece
According to ancient Chinese Feng Shui, beautiful and meaningful Chinese New Year decorations, wisely chosen and placed at the entrance and in the house, attract good luck, health and money in the new year. The entrance door, hallway decor, and dining room table should look incredibly cheerful and inviting for Lunar New Year. Bright red, shiny metallic, and whites are traditional colors for Chinese decorations that Feng Shui home and prepare for lunar New Year celebrations.
The entrance door is an essential element of good Feng Shui home design. It is believed that attractively decorated for Lunar New Year celebrations doors and entryways create a festive mood, Feng Shui homes, protect the families, and attract positive changes. Everybody and everything come into the house through the front door. Good Feng Shui decorating for the entrance and front door is a traditional Chinese home decoration for Lunar New Year celebrations.
Chinese New Year decorations for Feng Shui
According to an ancient Feng Shui home decorating guide, the front door and entryway should look festive and welcoming for the Chinese New Year. Modern electric garlands or traditional rice paper lanterns and old Chinese coins are perfect lunar New Year decorations that Feng Shui homes and attract happiness.
North-eastern and northern parts of the house should be decorated with white and shiny ornaments for Chinese New Year. Bright red ornaments and colorful paper lanterns are incredible Chinese New Year decorations for the central part of the house also.
Chinese Feng Shui experts say you should not place garlands above the mirror, as they can cause conflicts in the house after Chinese New Year celebrations. Also, do not bring New Year decorations into your bedrooms. Ornaments hanging near and over your bed can make you tired during holidays.
Dining tables, especially holiday tables, should be round or oval to help Feng Shui homes. If your dining table is square or rectangular, cover the table with a white tablecloth after drawing the infinity symbol (horizontal inverted number eight) with chalk to Feng Shui your dining room and holiday table.
Holiday tables centerpieces for Chinese New Year celebrations
The dining room is a special place that helps create a festive mood and unforgettable memories of Chinese New Year celebrations.
1. Dinnerware for the Chinese New Year table should be in white-gold tones. Red, white and golden Chinese decorations and holiday table centerpieces create impressive decor and Feng Shui homes. These noble colors make the fun and joy of the Chinese New Year festival last longer and open your home for fresh, positive energy, Chinese Feng Shui teachers explain.
2. Vases with pine or fir branches and tangerines attractively decorate holiday tables for Chinese New Year. Branches and fruits create a beautiful color combination of bright oranges and greens, adding Asian accents to holiday decor.
3. Homemade cakes, traditional spring flowers, and natural fragrances bring a pleasant aroma to Chinese home decor, offering excellent holiday table centerpieces and edible decorations.
4. You can make all sorts of Chinese holiday table centerpieces with candles, flowers, and fruits for your dining table. Place a candle into a clear glass bowl and fill it with juniper berries and spicy cinnamon sticks, which create a subtle oriental fragrance for a Chinese New Year party.
5. Use your imagination and decorate the dining table with long pine needles. Place pearl or red beads on sticks to create modern and chic holiday table decor.
6. Also, you can create attractive table centerpieces for lunar New Year celebrations with a traditional money tree. It looks great in a glass vase filled with rice, dried fruits, and tender flower petals.
7. Interesting and meaningful Chinese New Year decorations and holiday table centerpieces can be made of cypress or pine branches, and placed in a glass vase, filled with copper coins.
8. Candles are perfect Chinese New Year decorations. According to Feng Shui home decorating experts, the energy of candles, color, and flame offers a powerful and meaningful combination to a Feng Shui home.
Shades of blue with fire energy bring peace and balance into your home. Yellow candles are vibrant Chinese New Year decorations to attract dynamic changes in the new year. Red candles are symbols of passion and power.
Candles flame enhances feelings and thoughts, so you have to be happy and think of new opportunities and beautiful changes, making traditional or contemporary Chinese New Year decorations and holiday table centerpieces to invite positive energy and great people into your life.
Colorful ideas for traditional Chinese New Year decorations and holiday table centerpieces:
by Ena Russ
Related articles and sponsored content
More from holiday tables
and enjoy free articles sent to your inbox