Elegant Table Decoration and Setting Ideas, Easy Dining Table Staging Tips
The tablecloth with a printed table setting diagram
Setting the table can be easy, quick, and beautiful. Here is the Lushome guide for staging a table, providing a basic set of rules for elegant table settings. It can be used for holiday tables and setting formal or informal tables for special events. Adding unique accents and stylish centerpieces creates beautiful table decoration while keeping it comfortable and chic. Check it out and use the diagrams to create elegant table decor that delights your family and guests.
An attractive table decoration, beautiful tableware, and elegant setting add to the dining enjoyment. To set the table, you must stage a functional and comfortable place setting for each person and beautify your table with creative centerpieces. A place setting is all the items each person needs for eating.
Creative table setting ideas and table decorations
Romantic table decoration, outdoor table setting ideas
Modern tableware design trends and contemporary table settings
Dining table staging
The table set includes the following items:
– dinnerware (plates, cups, saucers, and bowls);
– glassware (glasses of all shapes and sizes);
– flatware (forks, spoons, and knives);
– table centerpiece and individual centerpieces;
– placemats or tablecloths that add an old-time chic to holiday tables.
Romantic table decoration, Valentine’s Day ideas
Classy Valentine’s Day ideas for table decoration
Latest trends in modern tableware and stylish table setting ideas
Table setting styles
The serving style and table decorations determine your tablescape. Every family has a unique eating style, and there is no right or wrong way to serve a meal. However, you can choose from five traditional serving styles –
family, informal, formal, garden picnic, and buffet.
The family style, garden picnic, and buffet style allow passing portions for everyone or place portioned foods for each person. According to the illustrations below, the following rules for table setting help create elegant table settings.
1. The flatware, plate, and napkin should be one inch from the table’s edge.
2. The plate is always in the center of the place setting.
3. The dinner fork is placed at the left of the plate.
4. If a salad fork is used, it is placed to the left of the dinner fork.
5. The napkin is placed to the left of the fork, with the fold on the left. It can also go under a set of forks, spoons, and knives or on the plate.
6. The knife is placed to the right of the plate with the sharp blade facing in towards the plate.
7. The teaspoon is placed to the right of the knife.
8. If a soup spoon is needed, it is placed to the right of the teaspoon.
9. The soup bowl may be placed on the dinner plate.
10. The drinking glass is placed at the tip of the knife.
11. If a salad plate is used, place it just above the tip of the fork.
12. The cup or mug is placed to the top right of the spoons.
The two first glasses are for champagne. The third and fourth are for red and white wines, correspondingly. Number five is for port wine, and number six is for liquors. Sherry and aperitif wines are served in number seven glasses. Short glasses eight, nine, and ten are for cognac, whisky, and vodka. Eleven and twelve glasses come for the beer.
Modern table setting ideas
by Ena Russ
Related articles and sponsored content
Modern trends in outdoor furniture will help select the most stylish patio ideas and outdoor furniture sets for summer decorating that...
Spacious, bright and modern bathroom helps sell your home faster for more money. Here are 7 tip for repairing and cleaning...
Unique wall tile designs offer unusual and stylish bathroom decorating ideas, bringing beautiful texture, bright accents and attractive colors into modern...
Romantic food shaped in hearts are wonderful design ideas that provide great edible decorations for a special occasion. Sweet trends shaped...
Making Chinese lanterns of rice paper is one of ancient traditions for Chinese New Year celebrations. Paper lanterns are beautiful Chinese...
Red, white and golden colors of traditional Chinese decorations create festive atmosphere and Feng Shui homes before lunar New Year celebrations,...
More from decorating design
Colorful handmade birdhouse designs look beautiful on green branches and garden posts. Creative painting ideas turn wooden birdhouses into bright yard...
and enjoy free articles sent to your inbox