10 Great Tips and 25 Modern Dining Room Decorating Ideas
A dining room can be a center of family life, especially if a small kitchen can not accommodate a dining table and chairs. There are two basic types of modern dining rooms, – open dining areas and formal dining rooms that are used for large family gatherings, during holidays and for special events. Lushome shares interior design and decorating tips and inspiring pictures of modern dining rooms that help create the perfect spaces for every home.
Separate dining room decorating ideas can be formal or informal. A large dining table and a set of comfortable chairs create a wonderful atmosphere for enjoying meals and conversation. Beautiful modern tableware or vintage dinnerware sets personalize table decor and add character to dining setting.
Floor tiles, laminate and hard wood floor are the best options for dining room decorating in homes with young children. Folding dining tables are a space saving furniture for modern dining room decorating that allows to maximize space in small rooms and create multifunctional interior design.
Functional and modern dining room decorating ideas
1. Durable and strong floor decor materials and large dining table design bring comfort into dining rooms. Practical and durable, simple natural decor materials are especially great for dining rooms in eco style and for homes with young kids.
2. Modern lighting fixtures, like chandeliers and hanging lamps are ideal for creating cozy and beautiful dining room decorating.
3. Pleasant color combinations enhance the charming appearance of dining room decorating. Dining room colors that are light and soft create beautiful and modern dining experience.
4. Attractive wall decor and table centerpiece ideas, floral arrangements or decorative vases without scented candles, help create stylish and interesting dining room decorating.
5. Light paint colors are great for ceiling designs in dining rooms. Light paint colors raise the ceiling and make living spaces feel airier and more spacious. Light warm colors improve mood and create very cozy, inviting and festive atmosphere in modern dining rooms. Dark color shades can be combined with light room colors to add elegance and coziness to dining room decor.
6. Moldings and two level ceiling designs in classic or contemporary style are excellent ideas for breezy dining room decorating.
7. Dining room decorating can include collections of meaningful and personal photographs that personalize living spaces in style.
8. Unique decorations on wall shelves, artworks and modern wallpaper or creative painting ideas are great for giving character to modern dining room decor.
9. Large windows with gorgeous views and light modern window treatments are modern trends in decorating dining rooms.
10. Symmetrical dining room decorating ideas feel more formal. The dining table, placed in the center emphasize the formal task of the interior, but other furniture pieces, like wall shelves, cabinets and house plants can add asymmetrical details to modern dining room decorating and compliment interior design with surprising accents and unusual furniture placement ideas.
Latest trends in decorating modern dining rooms allow the use unique, fresh and bold combinations of textures, colors and forms. Dining chairs and cabinets in different shapes, colors and finishes not only make dining room decorating look creative, but allow to save money on home decor and personalize interiors in a unique way.
by Ena Russ
last updated: 24.10.2016
Related articles and sponsored content
and enjoy free articles sent to your inboxSubscribe