33 Beautiful Flower Beds Adding Bright Centerpieces to Yard Landscaping and Garden Design
Colorful flower bed, creative yard landscaping and garden design ideas
Flower beds are gorgeous elements of garden design. These traditional and beautiful elements can add charming look to any corner of the garden and create spectacular centerpieces, making your yard landscaping ideas more scenic, colorful and inviting.
Flower beds can vary in sizes and shapes, allowing to personalize garden design and create pleasant and very different accents. Flower beds transform outdoor living spaces and allow to add original details to garden designs Placing a flower bed in front of a window or near the entrance to the house adds charm to your home and allow you to enjoy it all the time.
It is not difficult to create and maintain attractive flower beds with gorgeous blooming plants and edging. Even if you do not have an experience and knowledge in the field of yard landscaping and garden design, you can make a wonderful flower bed by following a few simple steps.
30 amazing ideas to reuse and recycle old car tires, creative recycled crafts
Adding flower beds to yard landscaping
1. Select a good location for your flower beds, evaluating it from an aesthetic point of view and in terms of suitable environment for your plants. It is always better if the place is sunny and protected from strong winds.
Plan your flower beds around shrubs, or in places where you can easily see your beautiful flowers. Small flowering plants look great everywhere, but can attractively mask bare spots on your lawn or add softness to your fence design.
2. Create a plan of your flower bed in color. If you want to use a combination of bright flowers, you can create stripes with flowering plants or cover your flower bed entirely. Bright and beautiful flowers are a wonderful alternative to green grass.
Top 10 trends in backyard landscaping, garden design and outdoor home decorating
35 creative backyard designs adding interest to landscaping ideas
3. Prepare the soil for the flower beds. Add sand and use the mixture to build a slightly elevated flower bed. About 4 inches or 10 cm is a good elevation for all flowering plants.
Blooming plants and edging ideas
4. While planting your plants, keep in mind that you need to plant tall plants on the background. Small flowering plants and seasonal flowers need to planted in according with their size and blooming time. Pay attention to sun-loving and shade plants.
30 amazing downspout ideas, splash guards, charming rain chains and creative rain ropes
25 beautiful backyard landscaping ideas adding beach stones to modern backyard designs
5. Also you need to consider the width and depth of plants roots. The spacing is important to keep flowering plants healthy and make your flower bed look elegant and groomed in the future.
6. Create attractive edging with gravel, pebbles, sand or other materials or edging plants. Creative edging ideas help to add organization to yard landscaping and beautify garden design. Attractive edging ideas turn flower beds into gorgeous centerpieces, allowing to enjoy them from different angles, each time finding something new and charming in garden design.
11 Feng Shui garden design tips, backyard landscaping ideas
25 beautiful backyard landscaping ideas and gorgeous centerpieces for outdoor living spaces
7. Edging ideas vary in materials, style and shape of garden designs. Masonry works are well suited for flower beds featuring clear geometric forms. Wooden or stone retaining wall designs are great edging ideas that add rustic vibe to yard landscaping and create garden designs that look natural. Logs are a fantastic edging material. Half-buried in the ground, logs create gorgeous flower beds.
Flower bed types
Creating beautiful flower beds is fun. Your personal taste and ability to design attractive flower arrangements can help to create gorgeous flower beds and experiment with colors and types of flowers.
Rock garden design tips, 15 rock garden landscape ideas
Colorful home decorating with fall flowers, inspiring fall decorating ideas
A regular flower bed can be designed in a strict geometric shape with a simple decoration pattern created with flowering plants or small ornamental plants. Simple and symmetrical, these flower beds feature flowers that bloom at the same time, creating clear line or simple geometric shapes with color.
Irregular flower beds are creative compositions of various plants that are planted in small groups. These flower beds looks more natural and spectacular. Flowers that bloom at different times create fabulous centerpieces to garden design, allowing to enjoy beautiful flowers from early spring to winter.
by Ena Russ
Related articles and sponsored content
Modern trends in outdoor furniture will help select the most stylish patio ideas and outdoor furniture sets for summer decorating that...
Spacious, bright and modern bathroom helps sell your home faster for more money. Here are 7 tip for repairing and cleaning...
Unique wall tile designs offer unusual and stylish bathroom decorating ideas, bringing beautiful texture, bright accents and attractive colors into modern...
Romantic food shaped in hearts are wonderful design ideas that provide great edible decorations for a special occasion. Sweet trends shaped...
Making Chinese lanterns of rice paper is one of ancient traditions for Chinese New Year celebrations. Paper lanterns are beautiful Chinese...
Red, white and golden colors of traditional Chinese decorations create festive atmosphere and Feng Shui homes before lunar New Year celebrations,...
More from yard landscaping
Wildwood House by Giulietti Schouten Architects offers spacious and bright home interiors enhanced by gorgeous views of the surrounding forest. Concrete...
and enjoy free articles sent to your inbox