Modern Interior Design Trends 2016 to Stay and Go Away
Creatively used rich and bright interior colors, modern interior design trends
Modern interior design ideas are in a state of constant flux. The demands of new materials and novel forms, along with the rapid pace of technological innovations and human creativity create modern interior design trends that are seldom permanent. What was fresh and inspiring two years back may not necessarily be stylish and interesting today.
Lushome analyzed modern interior design trends and selected those that need to go away. At the same time, there are certain interior design trends that tend to stay remain modern, interesting and inspiring. Here are modern interior design trends for 2016 that have power to stay even longer.
Simple color schemes, black and white decorating ideas with a touch of bright color, impressive centerpieces and oversize furniture and lighting fixtures, subtle and soft color design, interior design and decorating ideas in retro styles from 50s to 70s and even 80s, interior design in minimalist style, sculptural and textured designs which add character and interest to modern interiors are top modern interior design trends 2016 to stay much longer.
Modern interior design trends
Modern interior design trends come and go, but classic interior design principles remain. Contemporary technology and new materials, advancements in home appliances and innovative interior design trends are just modern reflections of the basic principles of interior design.
Modern interior design trends help express personality in a unique way and create safe, comfortable, functional and appealing living spaces with some interest and originality. The real interior design trends reflect the history with all mistakes and corrections. The more interior design ideas change, the more they stay the same, offering new and just forgotten techniques and solutions.
Modern interior design trends to go away
Classy interior design trends stick around because they represent basic principles. Some modern interior design trends go away because they reflect experiments and a current mood in the society. Getting rid of old ideas allows to create free space for new concepts and welcome fresh and surprising interior design trends in 2016.
1. Taxidermy, stuffed animals, natural horns and skins of animals.
2. Lacking interest interior design in one single style. Even rooms in classic style can feel dated. Adding a touch of ethnic interior decorating accents or items in industrial style gives new life to classic home interiors, and defines one of modern interior design trends 2016 which has the power to stay.
3. Furniture sets in one color, material, form and style.
4. Using wall mirrors just as functional items of interior design. Modern wall mirrors can be true wall decorations and centerpieces. Groups of creative small mirrors and large mirrors can create fantastic optical illusions and dramatically transform modern living spaces.
5. Too many flower designs.
6. Neon color hues, cool and striking LED lighting design.
7. Spectacular ceiling designs, especially with LED lights.
8. Stainless steel home appliances and kitchen furniture.
9. Modern kitchen design in bright colors and glassy finishes.
10. Floor and wall tile designs in standard sizes and simple shapes.
11. Using all home furnishings in a functional and traditional way. On the opposite, bringing humor, creativity and joy into decorating, experimenting with surprising techniques and surprising solutions are modern interior design trends 2016 that will stay.
by Ena Russ
last updated: 30.07.2015
Related articles and sponsored content
and enjoy free articles sent to your inboxSubscribe