Smart Home Staging to Bring Green Living Ideas into Life and Save Money
Kitchen storage and organization, bins for sorting waste
Eco-friendly designs and Green living ideas are modern trends. Everyone knows about efforts to preserve natural resources, improving ecology, and climate changes. Everyone wants to contribute to Green living while finding new ways to live in comfort and save money on utility bills. Here are simple and easy home staging tips to help yourself and the planet.
Green living ideas reflect our care for the environment. Smart devices from experts will help to reduce water and energy consumption at home, conserve resources, and save money that we can spend on fun activities. We all can reduce water and energy waste, reuse, recycle, and live in harmony with nature.
How to make your backyard eco-friendly in winter
Green roofs, sustainable architectural designs, rooftop gardens
Root cellar design ideas, eco-friendly food storage ideas
Green living ideas to save money
Reducing energy waste
1. Make sure you have new windows and doors that close tightly.
2. Use window curtains that save 10% of heat at night.
3. Choose energy-efficient lighting fixtures.
Top eco-friendly houseplants for Green home decorating
How to build eco-homes on a budget
The green design turning gray paving stones into green
4. Install and use dimmers.
5. Consider an induction cooker and energy-efficient kitchen appliances.
6. Use lids when cooking to reduce cooking times.
7. Turn on kitchen fans only when need them.
8. Use a dishwasher when it is fully loaded. Turn off the drying cycle, open the dishwater to dry plates and glasses naturally.
9. Clean the fridge back panel and coils from dust to make it work efficiently.
10. Defrost foods inside a fridge to keep cold inside and save energy.
11. Do laundry less, if possible, and use a laundry machine for the entire load.
12. Dry laundry naturally, the old way, on racks and lines.
13. Turn off electrical appliances and computers when you are away to save money and 10% of energy.
14. Turn off outdoor lights and room lights when you do not need them.
1. Decrease your teeth brushing, bathing, and showering times.
2. Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
3. Use efficient bathroom and kitchen faucets and showerheads to save up to 40% of water.
4. Turn off the water while cleaning dirty pans and pots of burnt food.
5. Take a shower instead of a bath more often.
6. Reuse and recycle water. After washing vegetables, use the water for watering houseplants.
7. Collect cold water coming from the hot water pipe and use it for household chores.
Helping the planet
1. Sort used household items, packaging, and food waste.
2. Reuse and recycle what you can.
3. Take items to a recycling center.
4. Buy tableware, furniture, decor accessories, and clothes made of eco-friendly and recycled materials.
5. Reuse, recycle, and upcycle home furnishings and packaging, like plastic bags, bottles, containers.
6. Grow a miniature garden, a vegetable garden, a container garden with edible herbs, or a decorative vertical garden with small plants and flowers.
7. Donate items you do not need to local communities, keeping them away from landfills.
by Ena Russ
Related articles and sponsored content
Spacious, bright and modern bathroom helps sell your home faster for more money. Here are 7 tip for repairing and cleaning...
Unique wall tile designs offer unusual and stylish bathroom decorating ideas, bringing beautiful texture, bright accents and attractive colors into modern...
Romantic food shaped in hearts are wonderful design ideas that provide great edible decorations for a special occasion. Sweet trends shaped...
Making Chinese lanterns of rice paper is one of ancient traditions for Chinese New Year celebrations. Paper lanterns are beautiful Chinese...
Red, white and golden colors of traditional Chinese decorations create festive atmosphere and Feng Shui homes before lunar New Year celebrations,...
Preparing home for Chinese New Year celebrations, cleaning, decluttering and clearing living spaces, attract good luck and positive energy that make...
More from eco friendly
There are hundreds of reasons to recycle metal parts, old cookware, wires, tools for creating unique designs and decorating your office...
and enjoy free articles sent to your inbox