Best Types of Wood for Furniture and Modern Interior Design
Advertisement - continue below
Wood is the most popular interior design material. With softwoods and hardwoods the variety of colors, grain patterns and textures can please any taste and emphasize any interior design style. Lushome shares helpful information about the most popular wood types to help select the best room furniture, wall and flooring ideas for your modern interior design.
These wood types define the latest trends in decorating and design. Wooden furniture, wall and ceiling designs, and flooring ideas look spectacular and feel warm. The downside is cost. Many woodworking projects, especially which use expensive hardwoods and exotic wood types to accentuate modern interior design, can be expensive.
Here is a collection of various wood grain patterns, colors and textures, and modern interior design ideas for inspirations. The most popular wood types include oak, beech, pine, cherry, alder, maple, walnut, poplar, birch, mahogany and teak. Each of these wood types have unique look and properties.
Advertisement - continue below
Popular wood types for modern interior design
1. Oak wood is great for modern furniture and flooring ideas. Oak is strong and comes in a red and white variety. The grain produces beautiful patterns enhancing classic and modern interior design.
2. Beech wood is versatile, strong and beautiful. Its creamy yellow color and yellowish brown colors add warmth to modern interior design. Beech wood materials are flexible and are used for modern furniture design in stunning banded forms.
3. Pine wood is cheap and widely available type. Perfect for interior design and decorating, pine wood brings unique aroma into homes and create warm and cozy rooms.
4. Cherry wood is a very popular wood type for interior design and decorating. Cherry furniture and doors get more beautiful with age. The cost of cherry is higher, but its amazing look and rich color are worth the money.
5. Walnut wood brings rich brown colors into modern interior design and decorating. Exclusive and expensive, walnut wood furniture looks amazing, adding great accents to classic and modern interior design.
6. Alder wood furniture, decorations, doors and windows designs in pleasant golden colors add soft texture and bright look to home interiors. Perfect for kids room design and decorating, alder wood furniture pieces are warm, attractive and comfortable.
7. Maple wood comes is a soft and hard maple types. Both stain out better than most of the woods and create beautiful wood floors and room furniture which are less expensive.
8. Larch wood has unique texture and grain patterns. Moisture resistant and strong, larch wood can be attractively used in modern interior design for exposed ceiling beams and wall structures adding character to interior design.
9. Ash wood is a pale to white colored wood with a straight grain. Ash wood flooring and architectural elements are strong and durable, blending light golden color into modern interior design and decor.
10. Birch wood comes in yellow and white varieties. Birch wood is less expensive than other hardwoods and looks like maple. Birch wood furniture is beautiful and reasonably strong.
11. Mahogany wood is a great furniture and door design material. Mahogany wood produces beautiful furniture and doors with its deep red tinting and straight grains which beautify interior design and give living spaces that exclusive and expensive look.
12. Poplar wood is one of the lower costing wood types. Poplar wood is a softer hardwood. Poplar furniture is less expensive and unique, looks great, especially stained or painted.
Salvaged wood interior design
These types of wood are the most popular. Also you can use salvaged wood pieces for modern interior design. Salvaged wood is one of the most popular latest trends in decorating and design, bringing beautiful, natural and unique interior design materials for creating modern homes.
Select your favorite wood types, colors, texture and grain patterns, and bring wooden furniture into your home interiors if you really appreciate the beauty of natural wood floors, doors and room furniture. Wooden furniture, decor accessories, lighting fixtures and architectural features enrich modern interior design and decorating, blending warmth and coziness with creative ideas and versatile look into living spaces.
by Ena Russ
last updated: 25.10.2016