The world is in motion. Fresh design and new decorating ideas reflect the changing lifestyle and interconnection, bring new materials, decorating technique and interior trends, inspired by contemporary technology and old traditions. Modern design trends fill homes with new energy, light and color. Lushome presents 6 modern interior design trends that will help make better choices when you redecorating or staging your home interiors.
Modern interior design trends 2013 will offer bright home decorating colors giving people a sense of optimism, joy and hope. People, living in the constantly changing world, will choose exciting and energizing interior design ideas, unusual materials and light room decor that combine comfort and functionality and create simple, pleasant and airy home interiors.
Interior design trends 2013 are the reflections of the rapidly changing world, affecting mood, views, and lifestyles. Modern interior decorating and home staging incorporate new techniques, contemporary technology and contemporary materials blending them with refreshed old furniture and decor accessories. Home furnishings in vintage style or retro styles of the 40s, 50s, and 60s are stylish choices for adding more charm, warmth, chic and comfort to functional modern rooms.
6 modern interior design trends 2013
Modern interior design philosophy in 2013 is about harmony, organic design, and interconnection of all elements of creating beautiful homes. Strong contrasts will not divide the living spaces, but unite all interconnected elements and add more meaning to color and design choices.
Interior decorating with fabric prints
1. Various geometric patterns and kaleidoscope-like designs symbolize the dynamic changes and create unique and interesting home interiors. Following one of the brightest interior design trends of 2013, geometric prints in pastels and light neutral colors are great for staging home interiors also. Animal prints, associated with luxury and an aristocratic style, add chic to modern interior design and decorating.
Home decorating fabrics in calm and pastel colors, fabrics with a watercolor painting effect and embroidery, animal skin-inspired patterns and bright floral designs, stripes and innovative contemporary prints, colorful graphic and fretwork designs are modern trends 2013.
Luxurious home accents
2. Golden home decorations, finishes, and golden colors are modern interior design trends for 2013 that symbolize happiness, success, and prosperity. Obstacles fall away in the golden light of joy. Golden decorations and golden colors brighten up modern interior design and decorating. Golden accents are cheerful and energetic. Golden decorations and golden yellow colors create an expensive look and add chic to modern interiors.
Modern color trends
3. Yellow, reddish and greenish yellow colors, orange, peach, amber, yellowish and reddish brown color shades are modern color design choices for rich, bright and beautiful interior decorating with a glamorous and extravagant flavor. Beautiful emerald green and deep blue colors, turquoise and purple color shades, soft cream and elegant gray color tones, combined with yellow and red hues are modern interior design trends in 2013.
Reuse and recycle ideas
4. Recycling, repurposing and reusing old furniture and home decor accessories will be popular design trends in 2013. All decor items and materials that at first appear to be old and unappealing can be used or recycled to add beauty to home interiors. Modern rooms can be enhanced with creative designs blending old and new, familiar and innovative.
Eco-friendly products and Green ideas
5. Using new Green technologies and creating unexpected combinations of old and contemporary eco-friendly materials are modern interior design trends that transform homes dramatically. These inspiring interior design trends reflect the modern Green ideas and blend practical with artistic, industrial with intimate, simple with extravagant to create more comfortable, unique and beautiful homes.
Old furniture and home decor accessories become new again, reinventing all interior design styles. All interior design styles become more appealing because materials are changed, can be reused and recycled instead of wasted. Modern interior design trends 2013 are the reflection of popular Green ideas which encourage people to take a part in repairing the world, enjoying retro-modern interior design and decorating in vintage style.
Traditional design and natural materials
6. Modern interior design trends 2013 include furniture and decor accessories created with local woods and by using traditional processes. The focus will be on patriotic home decoration ideas and local brands, handmade crafts, furniture and decor accessories. Local and handmade are two strong interior design trends that help rooms feel familiar and friendly. Local materials, unique accents, and natural colors, inspired by traditional home decorating ideas, are modern interior design trends in 2013.
Crafts, furniture and decor accessories in the vintage style made by local artisans, items from attics and closets celebrate the heritage, create the connection between generations and save the environment while providing stylish items for modern home decor. Adding personal touches and new value to used vintage furniture and decor accessories is one of the most interesting interior design trends 2013. Creative designs that transform home furnishings in vintage style into modern pieces create exciting and interesting home interiors and add a stylish eclectic ambiance, classy elegance, and charm to all living spaces.
Vintage furniture and decor accessories in the French style, retro modern lighting fixtures and decor in the 40s, 50s, and 60s styles can be combined with simple contemporary decorating ideas. Modern rooms spiced up with stylish color design can be created by mixing comfortable traditional and country style decor. New technologies blended with contemporary Green ideas and traditional decorating techniques are modern interior design trends 2013 that can satisfy any taste, offer an opportunity to experiment and make rooms feel warm, elegant and eco-friendly.
Feel free to experiment with your existing home decor, vintage furniture, decor accessories and contemporary home furnishings to create truly unique home interiors in 2013. Blending organic design ideas into your rooms and changing decor in accordance with your changing lifestyle allow to improve functionality and flexibility of your living spaces and celebrate the practical interconnection of all items. All dramatic transformations start with small changes and creative solutions, turning ordinary rooms into comfortable, elegant, beautiful and modern home interiors.