10 Space Saving Modern Interior Design Ideas and 20 Small Living Rooms
Corner furniture with straight lines, space saving and modern interior design ideas for small living rooms
Space saving interior design ideas are great for decorating small apartments and homes, visually increasing rooms and improving their appeal. Lushome shares creative and modern interior design ideas for small living rooms that give inspirations for home staging and small room decorating, and help design beautiful living spaces that look more spacious and bright.
Making small rooms, including small living room designs, feel airy, light and spacious is a nice way to increase home values and add comfort to living spaces. Functional and creative, space saving and modern interior design ideas show the balance between maximizing available spaces and stylish room decorating.
Smart living room furniture placement ideas and space-conscious interior design turn small living rooms into attractive and elegant home interiors which are cozy, inviting and charming. Here are a few clever tips and modern interior design ideas for small living rooms that help maximize valuable spaces.
Space saving interior design ideas for small living rooms
1. Use mirrors that reflect light from a window to create brighter and visually more spacious living room designs.
2. Add hidden or built-in storage spaces. Choose living room furniture with storage.
3. Choose living room furniture in smaller sizes. Antique and retro modern furniture items are great for furnishing small living rooms. Choose small modern sofas or couches for two with straight lines and legs which allow to see the floor.
4. Use vertical lines and light paint colors for ceiling designs in small living rooms. Eye-catching decorations and beautiful ceiling designs attract eyes to the ceiling and create a feeling of space in small living rooms.
5. Utilize spaces in corners. Modular furniture and sectional sofas are ideal for small living room designs.
6. Use backless sofas and Recamier chairs in open plan living rooms. Backless sofa or Recamier chairs and other vintage furniture items are stylish alternatives for small living room designs. A large and luxurious living room furniture piece can attractively divide spaces into functional zones.
7. House plants are wonderful, beautiful, eco friendly and cheap ideas for decorating small living rooms. House plants are a nice way to add a natural feel and green colors to practical and functional small living room designs. Green colors and organic shapes make angles look softer and help create the pleasant illusion of spaciousness in small living rooms.
8. Multifunctional and versatile living room furniture items are the best for small living room designs. Ottomans that serve as coffee tables and additional seats, stools that can be used as side tables, coffee tables that can stretch or rise are modern furniture items that are ideal for space saving interior design and decorating small apartments or homes.
9. Decorate really small living rooms for two or three people to use and keep additional seats in the storage.
10. Use contemporary living room furniture items made with glass and metal to bring more reflected light into small rooms and brighten up interesting and modern living room designs.
by Ena Russ
last updated: 29.07.2014
Related articles and sponsored content
and enjoy free articles sent to your inboxSubscribe